If you are not sure when you should bring your Audi in for service or which services are to be performed on your vehicle, ask your authorized Audi Service Advisor.
Audi Maintenance Schedule – All Models
Service intervals in kilometers
|15,000 km||Standard Maintenance Service|
|30,000 km||Major Maintenance Service with additional items|
|45,000 km||Standard Maintenance Service|
|60,000 km||Major Maintenance Service with additional items|
|75,000 km||Standard Maintenance Service|
|90,000 km||Major Maintenance Service with additional items|
|105,000 km||Standard Maintenance Service|
|120,000 km||Major Maintenance Service with additional items|
|135,000 km||Standard Maintenance Service|
|150,000 km||Major Maintenance Service with additional items|
|165,000 km||Standard Maintenance Service|
|180,000 km||Major Maintenance Service with additional items|
|180,000 km or 10 years, whichever occurs first||Change oil of front-axle-drive (R8 only)|
|195,000 km||Standard Maintenance Service|
|210,000 km||Timing Belt Replacement (2.0L TDI and A3 e-tron only)|
|210,000 km||Major Maintenance Service with additional items|
|225,000 km||Standard Maintenance Service|
1) First standard maintenance service at 15,000 km or 1 year after delivery, whichever occurs first. Standard maintenance services thereafter occur at intervals of 30,000 km or 2 years after the last standard maintenance service, whichever occurs first.
2) First major maintenance service at 30,000 km or 2 years after delivery, whichever occurs first. Major maintenance services thereafter occur at intervals of 30,000 km or 2 years after the last major maintenance service, whichever occurs first.
Time-Sensitive Maintenance Items
The intervals shown in this table are based on vehicles operating under normal conditions. In case of severe condi-tions, such as extremely low temperatures, excessive dust, etc., it is necessary for certain operations to be carried out in between the given intervals. This applies particularly to engine oil changes and the cleaning or replacing of the air cleaner filter element.
|Service interval by time (and kilometers where applicable)||Maintenance item|
|Every 2 years regardless of kilometers||Replace brake fluid (all vehicles)|
|Every 2 years regardless of kilometers||Check cloth top function and rollover protection with cloth top down (A3 Cabriolet, A5 Cabriolet, S5 Cabriolet, and R8 Spyder only)|
|Every 2 years regardless of kilometers||Crash active headrest – Check function (A8 only)|
|Every 3 years regardless of kilometers||BorgWarner clutch – replace oil (A3, Q3, TT and TTS only)|
|Every 4 years regardless of kilometers||AdBlue® – Replace only if AdBlue has not been filled within the last 4 years (All TDI models)|
Standard Maintenance Service
First at 15,000 km or 1 year after delivery, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, every 30,000 km or two years, whichever occurs first.
- AdBlue – Fill completely with fresh fluid and adapt learned values for AdBlue tank under guided fault finding after filling fluid (All TDI models)
- Brake system – Check for damage and leaks, thickness of pads, and brake fluid level
- Brake system – Check that the vent caps are mounted on calipers and check the condition of the brake hoses
- Cooling system for electrical components: Check coolant level according to description in Elsa Pro (A3 e-tron only)
- Engine oil / Oil filter – Change oil and replace filter
- Engine compartment – Check for leaks
- Service reminder indicator display – Reset display
- Tires and spare wheel – Check for wear and damage. Check tire pressure. Reset Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Water separator in fuel filter: Remove water (A3 and Q7 TDI models)
- Windshield washer and headlight washing system – Add fluid if necessary. Check adjustment and function
- Wiper blades – Check condition
Major Maintenance Service (Includes Standard Maintenance Service)
Perform at 30,000 km or two years, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, every 30,000 km or two years, whichever occurs first.
- Automatic transmission and final drive – Check for leaks
- Battery – Check for clean terminals (no corrosion), properly mounted housing and no damage; replace if necessary. Also, check the acid level of battery only if the level can be seen through the housing and fill if necessary
- Charging socket: Check for damage and make sure the socket is dry (A3 e-tron only)
- Crash active headrest – Check function (A8 only)
- Cooling system – Check coolant level, add coolant if necessary, and check protection to spec -25°C
- Doors – Lubricate straps, locks (all), and hood latch (R8 only)
- Hood Safety Catch – Lubricate (all) except A4 and Q7, and TT with integrated catch
- Drive shafts – Check boots
- Dust and pollen filter – Replace filter
- Exhaust system – Check for damage and leaks
- Front headlights- Check adjustment
- Front lighting – Check function of parking lights, low beams, high beams, fog lights, blinkers & hazard lights
- Front and rear axle – Check for excessive play. Check dust seals on ball joints and tie rod ends
- Horn – Check function
- Instrument cluster- Check warning and indicator lights
- Interior lights – Check all interior lights and glove box compartment illumination
- Manual transmission and final drive – Check for leaks
- On-board tool kit – Check for completeness
- Panorama sunroof systems – Check function (if equipped) (all except A8L)
- Panorama sunroof systems – Clean guide rails and lubricate with grease (if equipped) (A8L only)
- Plenum Panel – Remove cover for plenum panel to check water drain and clean if necessary (all models except A3, A4, S4, A5, Q3, Q5, R8, and TT)
- Rear lighting – Check function of brake lights (including third brake light), tail lights, back-up lights, rear fog lights, license plate lights, blinkers & hazard lights, and trunk light
- Rear spoiler hinges: Lubricate according to description in ElsaPro (A7, S7, RS 7, and TT only)
- Road test – Check engine performance, clutch, manual/auto transmission, braking (including hand and foot brake), steering, wheels, wheel bearings, drive shaft, horn, hybrid vehicles (electric drive for operational readi-ness)
- Rollover protection: Check function with soft top down (A3 Cabriolet and R8 Spyder only)
- Convertible top latch – lubricate (A3 Cabriolet, A5 Cabriolet, and S5 Cabriolet only)
- Safety belts- Check clip for belt tongue and check function of all safety belts
- Snow screen for air cleaner – Clean (A5, A5 Cabriolet, S5, S5 Cabriolet, Q5, and SQ5)
- Sunroof systems – Check function
- Tire repair set – Check for completeness and renewal date (where applicable)
- Underbody (including front and rear closeout panels – Check for damage and leak
- Visual check – Check the chassis for possible paint damage and corrosion, from the inside and outside with the doors as well as hood and trunk lids open
- Visual check – Check that the wheel house liners, underbody panelling and lines are correctly mounted
- Check water drain in fuel filler door (R8 only)
Additional Maintenance Items
Perform at 30,000 km and thereafter every 30,000 km.
- Fuel filter – Replace (All TDI models)
Perform first at 45,000 km or 3 years, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, every 45,000 km or 3 years, whichever occurs first.
- Spark plugs – Replace (RS 3, RS 7 performance, S8 plus, and TT RS only)
Perform first at 60,000 km and thereafter every 60,000 km.
- DSG/S tronic – Change ATF oil and replace transmission filter element
- DSG/S tronic – Change ATF oil (A3 e-tron, A4 ultra, A5, A5 Sportback, A6 front wheel drive, Q5, RS 3, TT RS only)
- Rear sport differential – Change ATF for clutch hydraulics and differential oil (RS 7 and RS 7 performance only) Air cleaner3 – Clean housing and replace filter element only on the following vehicles: (RS 7, RS 7 performance, A8 TDI, A8 3.0T, A8 4.0T, and Q5 TDI)
3) The S8 4.0L V8 TFSI engine is not included in this interval. It must be performed first at 85,000 km and thereafter every 90,000 km.
Perform first at 60,000 km or 4 years, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, every 60,000 km or 4 years, whichever occurs first.
- Brake discs – Check thickness
Perform first at 60,000 km or 6 years, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, every 60,000 km or 6 years, whichever occurs first.
- Spark plugs – Replace (A3 e-tron, A3, S3, 4.0L V8, A8L W12, RS 7, and all 2.0L TFSI except Q3 only)
Perform at 90,000 km and thereafter every 90,000 km.
- Air cleaner4 – Clean the housing and replace the filter element (all except RS 7, RS 7 performance, A8 TDI, A8 3.0T, A8 4.0T, and Q5 TDI)
- Ribbed V-belt – Replace only the belt for the compressor drive (front belt) (S4, S5, SQ5, and all vehicles with the 3.0L V6 TFSI)
4) The air cleaner replacement at this interval includes the S8 4.0L V8 TFSI engine.
Perform at 90,000 km or 6 years, whichever occurs first. Thereafter, every 90,000 km or 6 years, whichever occurs first.
- Spark plugs – Replace (Q3 2.0T, 3.0L V6 TFSI, and 5.2L V10 only)
Perform at 120,000 km and thereafter every 120,000 km.
- DSG/S tronic – Change ATF oil (A3 2.0L front wheel drive and S3 only)
- Ribbed V-belt – Check condition and replace if necessary. Check tension of belt drive with a manual tensioner and retension if necessary
Perform after the first 180,000 km or 10 years
- Change front final drive 0D4 clutch and differential fluid (R8 only)
Perform after the first 180,000 km or 180,000 km after a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) replacement, and every 30,000 km thereafter.
- Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) – Check ash loading according to manufacturer work procedure; replace5 if neces-sary (All TDI models)
5) If DPF replacement is not necessary, perform check every 30,000 km thereafter until replacement becomes necessary.
Perform every 210,000 km.
- Timing belt – Replace. Check condition of timing belt tensioning system, dampening pulleys, and idler pulleys and replace if necessary (2.0l TDI only)
*For oil capacity information, please refer to ElsaPro for the most current information.